Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

1999 Sept.10-12 . 1st Canadian convention "Pretty in Pink"

Of course today the conventions are numerous and very well attended and documented, thanks to the digital cameras. In 1999 the WEB was still at its infancy about those very collector's  oriented events. This Barbie Convention was the first ever organized  in Canada, it was as well the fisrt (and today the only yet)I have attended. it was not the best time of the year for me, as hubby got a job in Calgary and we were just moving in the city.
I unfortunately have no pictures of Gene who was indeed present at this convention,  I just hope I will find some one day that I could ad to this page.(if you have any pictures of this event please contact me, thanks)




 I still have the 1999 1st Canadian  convention doll. she has been created by Paul Knibbs,  and the design  of the box was from Glenn Mielke. and even after all those years I  find this doll beautiful.


My very talented friend, Glenn Mielke as well design the nature size Barbies to welcome the conventioneers.

the tables were full of surprises


Expositions and contests were numerous and very exiting, 
swimsuit, evening gown, native country costume etc..


 Joe Blitman came as special guest


 I attended Andy Bremer beading seminar. I learn a lot of new trick that I soon applied to my new models

The sale room was busier like ever. Here I am near my good friend Glenn
 




Here are some of the models I offered

 It was a magnificent time, I just so regret not having any Gene pictures.
This year I registered to the Barbie club of Alberta.

 Time period: Calgary Ab. 1999-2007


2 comments:

  1. do you have any idea the value of the 1999 1st Canadian convention doll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no sorry I still have her but really I have no idea of its value

      Delete